Saturday, May 7, 2011

Hello chums: Some people think I'm bonkers

NSW is bonkers Hello chums: Some people think I'm bonkers

How big a fan is poor Grant Shapps of Dizzee Rascal?

Not certain we will rule out through the latest freedom of information request but hopefully we will unearth some evidence to keep his 'bonkers' statements.

Here is the latest request:


Dear Chums

I write firstly applaud Uncle Eric and all at DCLG in allowing me to make office in a really wonderful street party to keep the Imperial Wedding last week - wow what a day we had! There were approximately 6 of us for most of the day, though Mrs T did have read the twins to a birthday party at 11am for a few hours. So it was odd to me, Bob with the dodgy knee from issue 3 and his collie called Shep to get the company started.

We sat around in the street drinking Stella and munching on a KFC family feast bucket (one each natch). We were having so much fun we forgot to put the tv on to watch the wedding, but we had a blinder of a day. Really magic and the the only downer was we had to bargain with a few irate motorists and a nasty incident when an ambulance tried to mar our fun but we continued to use our good to party. So thanks chums.

Before the wedding I was pleased to see poor Grant Shapps comments in The Mirror. (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/news/2011/04/22/royal-wedding-street-parties-need-not-be-bound-by-bonkers-health-and-safety-rules-says-grant-shapps-115875-23077303/).

I enjoy it that poor Grant Shapps appears to be a fan of Dizzee Rascal, more of a Scrufizzer fan myself. Mr Rascal once sang:
"I rouse up everyday it`s a daydream
Everythin in my life isn`t what it seems
I rouse up only to go backwards to sleep
I act real shallow but I`m in to deep
And all I like about is sex and violence
And a great bass note is my form of silence
Everybody says I got to get a grip
But I let sanity give me the slip"


B.O.N.K.E.R.S!. Indeed. Sounds like my life - apart from the sex and violence reference. Respect MC Shappsy_. but sooo last year really.

Mr Shapps , in his considered think piece in The Mirror, quite rightly attacked councils for their `bonkers` approach to applying Health and Safety laws. I am so glad this he is the part of reason. I now desire that he will tackle other bonkers acts so that I can extend to direct one of the twins up the chimney from sentence to time - or at least until they get too big and not give to free a short spring cleaning to some interfering social worker. Also it would avail if he could stop those busy bodies forbidding me from fitting my own gas boiler and ultimately let me next week to use the job lot of out-of-date sausages that I picked up down the boozer at the twins schools sports day next week. I am certain that with a little ketchup they will be fine after a pair of proceedings on the BBQ and will actually get the kids going.

Anyway time to get to the substantive request. Can you please render me with the next information?

1) A number of councils who DCLG are aware applied `bonkers health and safety rules [to] keep simple celebrations taking place`
2) Any show that councils were going, in Grant Shapps, words `bonkers?` Please include the list of the council and details of the `bonkers` decision, act or intent.

Yours bonking

D:Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment